Skip to main content

AUTHOR'S PREFACE

AUTHOR’S PREFACE
Fortune Emerence Chinemerem Nwaiwu is a published author of both literary and religious books.
He did not come into writing because he was good at writing or he knew what to write. His writing skill came up as a manifestation of God's benevolent gift bestowed on him.
When he was an undergraduate student‎ reading works written by people, especially Horace Walpole, Wole Soyika, and William Shakespeare, he desired to be a great author like them, and then he prayed to God to make him a great author.
If he has nothing to write about and puts his pen on paper, some ideas and novel thoughts flow out from his imagination. After writing a Bible study guide titled Echoes of the Widows, he was touched, having felt the pains and agony of widowhood, then he set out to extend such sufferings and griefs of which widows experience into his novella titled Widows In The Web Of Grief.

He has written many unpublished books. Due to lack of funds, he is unable to publish some of them them. The Devil in the Cathedral: A Shadow of Death was published in 2016, along with Echoes of the Widows with 400 copies produced for each.

Since there was no finance or help, he decided not to write anymore…until Dr. Douglas Winslow Cooper, a former professor at Harvard University, USA, helped by writing the Foreword to Widows in The Web of Grief. Dr. Cooper’s assistance then motivated the author to write this heart-rending novella, Prisoners of Hope, a book Dr. Cooper has edited according to American conventions, for which the author thanks him.
The author can be reached at:
F.E.C. Nwaiwu
Port Harcourt
Nigeria
Fortune.nwaiwu.fn@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CH. 1 OF PRISONERS OF HOPE BY F.E.C. NWAIWU

PRISONERS OF HOPE BY FORTUNE E.C. NWAIWU CHAPTER ONE  I was awakened by a loud volley of strange voices in the middle of night.  I raised my head to listen to what was happening, but I could not grasp anything due to different voices talking, weeping, and groaning all at the same time. The sound which their moving feet made indicated that all was not well. They matched to the church compound and then went to the parsonage. They knocked on the door persistently, "Sir Peterson, open the door. Sir, open, please!" they cried. I was in the church watching through one of the glass windows what was happening. None of them thought that I was sleeping in the church. If they had been kidnappers, I would have escaped from them. This was what I thought. I learnt a lesson: let no man know where you sleep in the night, for security reasons. Though I did not know exactly what had happened, I remembered what happened to one bishop. He was aroused one night and told that there w...

CH. 7 OF PRISONERS OF HOPE BY F.E.C. NWAIWU

Prisoners of Hope by Fortune Emerence Chinemerem Nwaiwu CHAPTER SEVEN Fabian remembered the early prophecy spoken concerning him that he would not succeed in his marriage unless his father blessed it. He then asked Bianca’s hand in marriage. Bianca, a pretty daughter of Rodwell, agreed to marry Fabian. Fabian knew much about their tradition in terms of marriage. He was nineteen years old, and Bianca was a year older than he. “Now that you’ve gladdened my heart, would your father be a party to our union? Fabian asked. “I am afraid he may not.” “Don’t fuse negative thoughts into your feeble mind,” said Bianca, “my father will accept you as his son in-law. But since you have spent a lot of money for your father’s illness, would you be able to pay the huge amount of money for the bride price?” “Would that be a bone of contention?” Fabian asked. “No, you can negotiate with my father,” Bianca yelled. Many suitors who came to marry Bianca had disappeared when they saw the marri...

The Weeping Voice- Act I Scene 2 by Fortune Nwaiwu

                      ACT I     Scene 2 INT. MR. STEPHEN'S HOUSE - MORNING Mr. Stephen and his son Charles are in a room with no ceiling or furnishings.Charles recently finished secondary school and is lucky enough to have had excellent results on the University and Matriculation Examination(UME),gaining admission to university. Despite his poor background, he is wiser and more knowledgeable than many rich teens. It's now 6:30 a.m. MR. Stephen is seen talking to his only son. Mr. Stephen My son, I want you to give me your ear. His voice quakes and tears roll down his cheeks as he remembers what a fellow man once said, despising him- 'When people who have two legs to walk are complaining, what would be the fate of those with one leg? Would they walk with no much groaning?' MR. STEPHEN (CONT'D) Our elders say, 'He who tears the garment of honour  wears the mark of disgrace.' You see, although your parents a...